| Admission Criteria
The MFE program seeks for applicants with strong quantitative skills, and computer programming experience who are interested in complex financial markets and instruments. The following are preferred qualifications.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in quantitative fields (E.g. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics and Finance).
- Post-university work experience in financial fields.
- Some exposure in computer programming (E.g. C, C++), mathematical tools (E.g. Matlab, Mathematica), and statistical applications (E.g. SAS, RATS, S-Plus, R).
- A strong quantitative background including linear algebra, multivariate calculus, differential equations, numerical analysis and advanced statistics and probability.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication.
| Application Requirements
Applicants must submit an online application to the MFE program. Only completed applications will be considered for admission. The followings are required.
- Online Application
- Application Fee (1,000 Baht)
- English Test Score: must pass one of the following minimum requirements (The test date must not be older than two years as of June 30 of the admission year in order to
enroll if the applicant is accepted.)
- TOEFL paper-based: 520
- TOEFL computer-based: 190
- TOEFL internet-based: 68
- IELTS: 5.5
- CU-TEP: 70 (or 520 TOEFL-equivalent if an equivalent score is provided by CU-ATC on the score report)
- Quantitative Aptitude Test (QAT) or GRE Mathematics Subject Test (Applicants are recommended to take QAT instead of GRE Math Subject Test unless they are not in Thailand.) The test date must not be older than five years as of June 30 of the admission year
- University Transcripts (at all levels)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (at least one from academics)
- Interviews (by invitation only)
| Work Experience
One year or more (only for plan B). It is counted up to the end of May of the admission year.
| Quantitative Aptitude Test (QAT)
Applicants are recommended to take QAT instead of GRE Math Subject Test unless they are not in Thailand. For full information on QAT test, please click here.
| How to Apply?
- Complete the online application click here
- For Thai citizens, you must use the citizen ID number.
- For non-Thai citizens, you must use your passport number.
- Once you finish the online application, print out the pay-in form, fill in your name and ID, and bring the form to pay the application fee of 1,000 baht (if without QAT) or 2,500 bath (if with QAT) at the Siam Commercial Bank. Please keep the pay-in slip. Print out the completed online application form and date and sign it.
- If you do not use the e-recommendation, please download the letter of recommendation form and fill out the form (your name, your right of access, and information about the recommenders), and print one copy for each recommender. Two letters are needed and at least one must be from academics.
| Submit to:
Financial Engineering program
Mahitaladhibesra Building, 10th Floor
Department of Banking and Finance Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy
Phayathai Road, Patumwan, Bangkok, 10330 Thailand
the following documents by registered mail or in person before the application deadline:
- Signed printout of the completed application form
- Pay-in slip
- A certified photocopy of identification card (Thai citizens) or a certified photocopy of passport (Non-Thai citizens)
- Two 1-inch photos
- Official transcripts (for all university levels)
- A certified photocopy of English test score
- A certified photocopy of GRE Math Subject test score (if you do not take QAT)
- Two letters of recommendation (if not sent directly from the recommenders or e-recommendation system)
- A copy of employment affidavit certifying at least one year of applicable work experience (required for Plan B only)