Applicants are recommended to take QAT instead of GRE Math Subject Test unless they are not in Thailand.
Exam Date and Time: Sunday May 12, 2019 from 9 am. - 12 pm. (9.00 - 12.00). You must be present at a test site at least 15 minutes before the test starts. Those who come after the test starts for 30 minutes or more will NOT be allowed to enter the test room.
Location: Room 304, 3rd floor, Jaiyossombat 3 Building, Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy, Chulalongkorn University
Exam Fee: 1,000 baht
Format: There are 60 questions with 5 choices per question. No calculators are allowed. You must bring 2B pencils to the test.
Topic covered :
Calculus and Differential Equations (20 Questions)
- Functions of one and several variables and their graphs
- Differentiation, Calculus of several variables
- Integrals, double integrals
- Taylor series
- Maximum and minimum values of functions
- Solutions to first-order and second-order linear ordinary differential equations
Linear Algebra (10 Questions)
- Matrices and matrix operations
- Vectors and their graphical interpretation
- Systems of linear equations
- Linear combination, linear independence
Probability and Statistics (20 Questions)
- Venn diagram
- Combination/ Permutation
- Bayes rule
- Distributions: Bernoulli, Binomial, Geometric
- Normal distribution
- Student-t distribution
- Sample mean and variance
- Central limit theorem
- Strong law of large number
- Confidence intervals
- Hypothesis tests
- Critical Reasoning and Logic (10 Questions)
- Calculus and Linear Algebra: "Calculus of Several Variables", by Serge Lang (3rd Edition, Springer)
- Probability: Chapters 1-5 of "A First Course in Probability" by Sheldon Ross (8th Edition, Pearson)
- Statistics: "Mathematical Statistics with Applications" by Dennis D. Wackerly, William Mendenhall III, and Richard L. Scheaffer.
- Logic: Chapters 1-2 of "Introduction to Mathematical Thinking" by Keith Devlin.