The MFE program seeks for applicants with strong quantitative skills, and computer programming experience who are interested in complex financial markets and instruments. The following are preferred qualifications.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in quantitative fields (E.g. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics and Finance).
- Post-university work experience in financial fields.
- Some exposure in computer programming (E.g. C, C++), mathematical tools (E.g. Matlab, Mathematica), and statistical applications (E.g. SAS, RATS, S-Plus, R).
- A strong quantitative background including linear algebra, multivariate calculus, differential equations, numerical analysis and advanced statistics and probability.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication.